We certainly come across with a number of people who dye their hair on the regular basis and why not, after all, it is all the way trending. From Rihanna to Emilia Clarke, from Selena Gomez to Ashley Benson, all dyed their hair and looked oh –so sexy. So why not give hair dying a shot?
And if you are going to dye your hair, do you know which type to use? To choose the best hair color for you, you need to understand the different types of hair dyes and how they work. For this, you don’t need to look further because we have rounded up all the important points of hair dyes in our ultimate hair dying guide.
Permanent vs. Semi-Permanent Hair Colors: Which One To Choose?
#1: Permanent Hair Dye:
As the name implies, the permanent hair colors are used in people who want their color to last longer. Regardless to say, all of us want our hair color to stay longer or permanent and it is completely understandable as you are investing quite a lot in the brands. But if you are dying your hair permanently, you need to consider many things.
- The first thing about the permanent hair dying is that they are also called “oxidation coloring”. The reason behind this name is that it oxides the ammonia using hydrogen peroxide before the application.
- As the major ingredient in the permanent hair colors is ammonia, they are harsh to your hair and can inflict extra damage to your hair than the semi- permanent hair colors.
- Using permanent hair color over and over again can lead to change in your hair color. Like using the Burgundy hair color over and over again can cause the color to turn into black, thus damaging your hair tone.
#2: Semi-Permanent Hair Dye:
Semi permanent hair dye or “temporary hair dye” gives you more natural look than the permanent hair colors and are really easier to use. These hair dyes have a shorter life and may last for about five to six week or if it is the best semi permanent hair color, it might last a week longer. But,
- Semi- permanent hair colors are ammonia free.
- They do not oxidize the hair and are less damaging to hair.
- Temporary dyes fade with shampooing and exposure to air.
- They need to be frequently applying – that can be damaging.
In a nut shell, all the hair dyes are damaging, and you need to take care of your hair well if you are dying your hair. Condition them well and color protective hair products that are good for the health of your hair.